MissionNCA students will develop the competency necessary to use emerging technologies in problem-based, interactive, engaged learning and assessment.
NCA uses Google Apps for Education, an educational suite of productivity and collaborative tools
Elementary will receive 30 min of Tech Time training every week
Tech Trax, a new Middle School exploratory course will include project-based technology training based on STEAM initiatives. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- Intermediate, Middle School and High School coursework covers instruction on Microsoft Office products, Google Apps products and a variety of creative software applications
- Teachers and staff will have continued opportunities to participate in technology-related professional development
- Students will take age-appropriate basic keyboarding
What will the elementary students be doing in Tech Time?
Students in the lower elementary will learn:
- The basics of how computers work
- Internet and online safety guidelines
- How to access and evaluate educational websites
- Basic keyboarding skills, with respect to age appropriateness
- How to create documents, presentations and digital artwork
Additionally, upper elementary students will learn:
- Computer and Internet history
- How networks and the Internet work
- Basic binary code as it relates to software
- How to identify plagiarism and avoid copyright infringement
- To use basic spreadsheet applications to create charts and graphs
- How to edit photos
- How to use online simulation tools to solve problems
Technology training supports classroom objectives.